Onsite Learning Covid
The academic program corresponding to the online learning mode of the Master's Degree in New Technologies Applied to Translation will consist of nine modules completed over two academic years. Please see the schedule included below:
|Theoretical phase (modules 1-8)
||90 ECTS credits
||OCT. 2021 – JUN. 2023
|Practical phase (module 9)
||30 ECTS credits
||JAN. 2023 – SEP. 2023
1. THEORETICAL PHASE (90 ECTS CREDITS)
Modules and teachers
2. WORK DYNAMIC
The work dynamic corresponding to the distance learning mode will be based on the administration uploading the material corresponding to each module on the virtual studies platform, Area Istrad, following the schedule indicated below. Materials will be sent in text format, depending on the nature of the document (normally editable .doc or .pdf), and the content of said materials will include the following documents:
- Theory: Principles and theory for each module being studied:
- o Presentation of the module’s content.
- o Analysis of the protocols.
- o Description and presentation of the corresponding software that will be used in the localization process in one or several tutorials.
- Practice: Task and localization exercise for the multimedia product in question.
- Task: Information and recommendations about the development, task and evaluation of exercises.
All of the documents and materials for each module will refer to the specific language pair chosen by each student at the beginning of the program.
Once students have been accepted and have enrolled in the course, they will receive an email with information regarding the academic advisors assigned to each module who they can turn to for any question or problem related to the completion of the master's. Additionally, both the Academic Coordinator and support Academic Staff will be permanently available at ISTRAD for any consult (onsite, by phone or email) related to their professional work in translation or anything related to their work outside of the master's degree.
4. PRACTICAL PHASE (30 ECTS CREDITS)
In addition to the theoretical phase consisting of the first fourteen modules, students will also complete a practical phase. This phase is divided into two different parts:
- Practical Module (15 ECTS credits). To complete this module, students may choose from the following three (3) options:
- Offsite Project. This module consists of students completing an internship in a translation agency or company assigned by the master’s and based in the city or country of the student’s choosing. The internship will carry a workload of about 225 hours. This module must be completed onsite and will take place between January and November 2023. Students will need to submit a report about their internship period.
- Internship. This module consists of students completing an internship in a translation agency or company, assigned by the master's administration and based in the city and country of the student's choosing. The internship will carry a workload of approximately 225 hours. This module must be done onsite and will take place between January and September, 2023.
- Recognition of Work Activity. Prior accreditation will be required and students must submit a report about the recognized activity
- End of Master's Project - TFE (15 ECTS credits). To complete this module, students must write a research paper on one of the topics studied throughout the course of the master’s, or about any branch related to Translation or Interpretation. This Project will be supervised by a research advisor (university research bodies) and will be completed between January and June 2023:
- End of Master's Project. This module is based on students completing a research project in any of the topics taught throughout the master's or any other branch related to Translation and Interpretation. This option will be supervised by a research advisor (university research bodies) and will take place between December 2022 and June 2023.
- Practical Module Report. This module is based on students completing a detailed explanatory report about the activity completed for the Practical Module.